It is rightly said that one can share any secret with a true friend. He may know your deepest fears and weaknesses and yet will never take advantage of you. However, keeping a friend's secrets to you and not telling the world about is what makes the bond grow strong and last forever. You need to develop a trust and mutual understanding before you start sharing secrets with each other. With friends, secret talks never seem to end and it can get really amusing to know what has been going on in your friend's mind.
There is a phase in life especially from the teenage when one starts having a personal periphery in life and parents are excluded from it. It is because there are certain things that they can't understand and there are certain issues which we can't discuss with them. It is then when the friends become the best secret sharers. They are they one where one confides one's feeling and best kept secrets. It is done with a trust that the friend who is confided into would never a breach your trust.
It is a general notion that only girls share secrets. But boys have their own secrets that they discuss with only closest of pals. The secret talks can range from crushes, relationships, talks regarding fights with parents, secret missions, hideouts and anything that is not supposed to be known to others! If you think secrets are limited to only teenagers, get your facts right! Secrets can be shared at any age and there is absolutely no such hard and fast rule that secrets are shared only among youngsters.
Sharing secrets with a friend is not just fun, but it also helps to develop a lasting trust on one another. Sometimes, sharing secrets will tell you more about the person. You will come to know whether your friend is reliable and trustworthy and whether it is worth sharing your secrets with them. You can call it a test of friendship and if a person passes it, they are definitely not worth being made a trustworthy friend.
Tips Of Sharing Secrets
- Do not blabber all your secrets at a go; first of all test your friend on the friendship litmus.
- Do not ever reveal secrets which may be hurting for your friend, this at times sours a relationship.
- If your friend shares a secret with you, do not even other get a hint of it, forget about blabbering it out.
- Learn to respect privacy, even if you have known some secret of your friend through other sources, do not inquire him/her.
- Never try to force your friends to tell you something. If they will feel like, they will certainly share their feelings with you.
- Even if at some point of time your friendship sours, learn to respect secrets that your friend once shared with you. This shows how trustworthy you are as a person.